Not able to use a Shared Data Source Connection in Report Builder 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project Server 2010, and the installation is on 2 servers, one of them is for application (CUESTOR) and the other one is for SQL Server 2008 R2 (CUESTOR2). I have installed Report Server in CUESTOR but pointing to the database in CUESTOR2.

I have defined some Shared Data Sources (.rsds) in BI Center\data Connections:

Data Source Type= Microsoft SQL Server

Connection String:

Data Source=cuestor2;Initial Catalog=PWA_ProjectServer_Reporting; User ID=MyUserName; Password=MyPassword; Integrated Security=SSPI;

Credentials are not required

and when I Test the connection the answer is 'Connection created succesfully' so it works fine.

Being in Report Builder 3.0 and defining de Data Source everything works fine, I'm able to use a shared connection, I find it in BI Center, Data Connections, the same place where I defined it previously and it works fine when I test it.

The problem is when I define the DataSet: there I try to use a datase inserted inside the report (not shared dataset, as I don't know how to share them, yet), and selecting the data source that I previously defined, when I use Query Design it appears an error  saying:

Unable to connect to data source MyDataSource

and pressing the details button it appears this explanation:

You have specified integrated security or credentials in the connectin string for the data source, but the data source is configured to use another type of credential. To use the values of the connection string, you must configure the account for unattended report processing for the report server.

I had already configured the unattended report processing account for the report server (even using the 'rsconfig -e -u MyUserName -p MyPassword' command).

I am stuck here and there is no way to go ahead, please, give me your advice on this issue.

Thank you in advance and regards,

José Espases

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Jose Espases.

In this case, review the permission of account when you have running the report, and permission on dataset, also review what autentication is configured on your report builder 3.0 , maybe anonymous, maybe integrated windows, maybe other, if you have autentication integrated with windows without shared dataset, only shared your report, so review the visibility on DataBase Project Server, in permission mapping for each DB of project Server.

Greetings

Erick Gutiérrez PMI Membership #ID 2089740 MTCS - Microsoft Project Server Managing Projects
    Monday, August 8, 2011 4:22 PM