none
Argument Out of Range RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We have a logic apps which is trying to update records in Azure SQL. It works fine sometime and it fails for most of the case?

Does anything changed in Azure logic apps from Microsoft? How to raise support ticket to Microsoft?

The below is the error message.

status": 400, "message": "Argument out of range\r\n inner exception: Non-negative number required.\r\nParameter name: length\r\nclientRequestId:

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:11 PM

Answers

• This looks like a bug in JSON format. I have executed stored proc instead of inserting JSON into SQL row as  work around.

Hope it helps some one.

Monday, August 7, 2017 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Are you using stored procedure or insert,update operation ?

Do look for the parameters you are passing through the connector , It is much more of sql validation error you are getting . Have a look at the input of your sql connector operation .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:00 PM
  • I too am having the same issue.

I am inserting JSON into a sql row and most insert fine but others get this error. I am not sure what it means by argument out of range when it is just inserting a text string (JSON)

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:17 PM
  • I too am having the same issue.

I am inserting JSON into a sql row and most insert fine but others get this error. I am not sure what it means by argument out of range when it is just inserting a text string (JSON)

I am also having this issue when inserting JSON in at least two separate logic apps, and intermittently.  I agree with Kumar on the validation, but the error itself doesn't give much to go on.

I looked through a full JSON text the other day, and compared it with its twin that worked the day before, and I could not discern any difference.

Monday, August 7, 2017 3:45 PM
  • This looks like a bug in JSON format. I have executed stored proc instead of inserting JSON into SQL row as  work around.

Hope it helps some one.

Monday, August 7, 2017 6:51 PM

Hope it helps some one.

I have probably close to 100 different uses of JSON in insert rows...so this would be quite a task for me.  MSFT folks, let me know if I need to create a new thread.
    Monday, August 7, 2017 6:54 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution/get a response on this?  I am experiencing the same issue...
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:59 AM
  • Did you ever find a solution/get a response on this?  I am experiencing the same issue...
    No.  I will ping support again on this.
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Still nothing on this, and the amount of errors I get each day is increasing steadily.
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:32 PM
  • Please send a email to logicappsemail@microsoft.com with your definition so we can take a look, thanks!
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:03 PM
  • Please send a email to logicappsemail@microsoft.com with your definition so we can take a look, thanks!
    Done.  Thank you!
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:09 PM
  • For others, I have chatted with MSFT support and received these recommendations:

• Use a stored procedure to insert the JSON instead of "INSERT", this allows for more data.
    • There is a fix coming at end of month to increase the amount of data allowed in "INSERT".
    • Proposed as answer by Derek Kershner Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:50 PM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:50 PM