Error running the transform app. API: CreateProcessAsUser, Error Code: 1314 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to setup Document Conversion on Web Farm. Load Balancer Service runs under Network Service account. Launcher Service runs under Web Farm admin.When I try to convert a document I get the error:  "Error running the transform app.  API: CreateProcessAsUser, Error Code: 1314." 

Looks like HVU_ user does not have permissions to run conversion application. I tried to add HVU_ user to local admins and grant to this user "Act as part of the operating system, Create a token object, Log on as a batch job, Allow log on locally" rights. Nothing helped. I still get the same error.

I appreciate any help.

Oleg

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Oleg,

Please try the following steps and check the results.
    1. Delete the HVU_ user account.
    2. Stop the Load Balance Service & Document Launcher service.
    3. From the Computer Management Console set the Launcher service to use local system account, and the Balancer Service to use local service account.
    4. Disable Document Conversion for all the sites on the Server.
    5. Start the Services from Central Admin.
    6. Enable Document Conversion for the sites.
    7. Start a conversion (HVU account gets created and enabled by the system during this process).
    8. add the appropriate rights (Admin, Guest, WSS_WPG).
    9. Give this account log on locally rights from the Local Security Policy settings.
    10. Restart the box.

Hope it can help.

Lily Wu
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Wednesday, December 9, 2009 12:51 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Oleg,

Please try the following steps and check the results.
    1. Delete the HVU_ user account.
    2. Stop the Load Balance Service & Document Launcher service.
    3. From the Computer Management Console set the Launcher service to use local system account, and the Balancer Service to use local service account.
    4. Disable Document Conversion for all the sites on the Server.
    5. Start the Services from Central Admin.
    6. Enable Document Conversion for the sites.
    7. Start a conversion (HVU account gets created and enabled by the system during this process).
    8. add the appropriate rights (Admin, Guest, WSS_WPG).
    9. Give this account log on locally rights from the Local Security Policy settings.
    10. Restart the box.

Hope it can help.

Lily Wu
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Wednesday, December 9, 2009 12:51 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:26 AM
  • Hi Lily,

On Step 3, we use Network Service for our Load Balancer since we run it on it's own server and we have 2 web front ends that run the Launchers. I've run this as you suggest but am still getting this error:

LoadBalancer.RegisterLauncher failed:  The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

I'm wondering if this isn't because we use Windows Load Balancing on our servers. Any issues with using document conversions in a network load balancerd farm?

Incidentaly, when changing the account used on the balancer and the launcher you will need to go into Operations in Central Admin and check your account under Security Configurations/Service Accounts

Can you elaborate on Step 8 of the process, "add the appropriate rights (Admin, Guest, WSS_WPG)"

Also, does Step 8 and Step 9 get dones for the HVU user on all the launchers AND the load balancer (assuming this account needs tobe on the balanacer)?

I noticed, after following the steps 1 thru 7 that there is no HVU avccount created on the dedicated Load Blancer box. Is that by design or is this an error I'll need to fix

Thanks!

• Edited by KansasCoder Monday, April 4, 2011 5:12 PM Added info
    Monday, April 4, 2011 2:11 PM