none
JavaScript method(s) for enumerating and Updating Word Bookmarks RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to build a Office 365 web application using Word documents containing various bookmarks.  Is there a Word Automation Example using bookmarks that solely depends on technologies available in a browser application?  
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Harold,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Apps for Office provides a new way to work with Office application, yet it has its own limitation, it cannot replace Office PIA. As far as I know, your request is impossible to realize.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Harold,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Apps for Office provides a new way to work with Office application, yet it has its own limitation, it cannot replace Office PIA. As far as I know, your request is impossible to realize.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Hi Quist,

I'm really surprised that the interface does not have hooks into that part of the functionality of Word.  I posted the question because I have a lot of experience with this feature using both the ActiveX and Open XML interfaces.  In fact the ActiveX feature and the first Open XML interfaces are the most powerful.  At the same time the current Office (Word) examples seemed to ignore this part of Office Automation.  If it is possible, could you have the Office team provide a grid of automation features in WORD 15 showing how to use automation with VBA, VB.net - C#.net, and JavaScript?  That would allow others like me to find the answer quickly instead of spending days trying to make the interface work where it was not intended to work.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer the question.

Harold Bennett 

Harold Bennett

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:00 PM