ITA Policies and protection schemas - What should I expect.

Question

• Hi all.  I am working on a streaming windows store app the uses a PMP and I need  to apply protection to the output.  I have tried several protection schema to determine if my implementation is correct but the results have not been what I expected. 

For example for my DVI connection (MFCONNECTOR_DVI) it states that it supports MFPROTECTION_DISABLE. If I enable it I get a decode error and playback is rejected.  According to the documentation that I have what should have happened is the video rectangle should have been blanked while the rest of the screen is left unaffected.  If I look at the logs I can see that GetSchemaType() of my IMFOutputSchema implementation object returns the guid MFPROTECTION_DISABLE and GetConfigurationData() returns the non-zero value that states that it should be enabled.  However I don't see a call to GetOriginatorID().

I have also tried MFPROTECTION_CONSTRICTVIDEO.  In this case GetSchemaType() also returns the appropriate guid and GetConfigurationData() returns a nonzero value stating that it should be enabled.  For the max number of pixels allowed I set that as a double word attribute MFPROTECTIONATTRIBUTE_CONSTRICTVIDEO_IMAGESIZE set to 50 which equates to 50,000 pixels.  This is all per the documentation I have.  I was expecting the video to be degraded.  I tried less and more but didn't see an affect. In this case I also don't see the call to GetOrigonatorID().

Have any of you used these protections systems?  What were your observations?  Difficulties?

In the end I have to have HDCP and CGMSA but I need test equipment to verify that its actually working.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:54 AM

All replies

• AFAIK, these attributes are only compatible with desktop app, I'm not sure if they can work in Store app...

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:04 AM