DSSP Client RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am trying to evaluate the requirements for DSSP clients and DSS service hosts on non-windows platform (in fact on small devices with fair amount of computing capability and some OS). I have few questions hope somebody can throw some light on.

1. What are the exact requirements for a client application to talk to DSS service over DSSP?
    2. Can a client written in any language (Java,Python etc..) communicate to DSS services using DSSP?
    3. Similarly what are the requirements for the service hosting environment?
    4. Does DSSP have any meaning outside the DSS environment?

Answers to these would help me see if DSSP fits our environment.

Thanks in advance.

/subrata

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:50 AM

Answers

• 1) these are outlined in our DSS user guide and DSSP spec. also the C code we provide for the sample HTTP/DSSP/XML implementation (in our community page) can give you a very good idea. Anothe roption is turn logging on when you use DSS, then look at the generated log files for the exact XML envelope format

2) Yes

3) We need .NET 2.0 if you need to run and host DSS

4) Yes, you can use it as a protocol to talk between any two services, nodes, devices etc. Its an open protocol

Monday, March 31, 2008 4:31 PM

All replies

• 1) these are outlined in our DSS user guide and DSSP spec. also the C code we provide for the sample HTTP/DSSP/XML implementation (in our community page) can give you a very good idea. Anothe roption is turn logging on when you use DSS, then look at the generated log files for the exact XML envelope format

2) Yes

3) We need .NET 2.0 if you need to run and host DSS

4) Yes, you can use it as a protocol to talk between any two services, nodes, devices etc. Its an open protocol

Monday, March 31, 2008 4:31 PM
  • I got it!!. Thanks.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 3:53 PM
  • Hi!

I can't find the C code example.... where is it? For me, "Community Page" is the "Microsoft Robotics Studio Community" at

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/robotics/aa731519.aspx

Angel "Java" Lopez

Friday, April 4, 2008 7:24 PM
  • source doe is linked from our community page, the link below again:

http://research.microsoft.com/invisible/dssp.htm

Friday, April 4, 2008 8:03 PM