none
MS Access Textbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have one (of many textboxes) on a form. Even if I set the "Format, Reading Order" to "Left-to-Right" the order of characters is reversed (e.g. tfosorciM). All other textboxes on all other forms do not show this behaviour. This also persists if I make an ACCDE version. I am using MS Access 2013 on Windows 7.

Any help on this would be welcome.

B. Zett

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:45 AM

Answers

• I have never encountered that and if no other text box is behaving that way I would just delete the text box and copy and paste one of the existing text boxes. If it still happens check the field properties in the table in case something is being passed on to the form.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

• Marked as answer by Bo Zett Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:04 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Bo Zett,

What is the relationship between MS Access and TextBox? Will the data in the database be read into the TextBox? If so, what is the form of the data in the database? It’s hard to understand the problem you’re experiencing based on your description. It would be better if you could provide some code that would reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

the textbox on the MS Access form is used to enter data (text) to be saved to an MS Access table underlying the form. As soon as I start typing the first charachter is mirrored vertically and the typing order reversed. All other textboxes on the same form used for above stated purposes do not show this phenomenon. The table field to store the information has Data Type Memo, Plain Text.

Regards, Bo Zett

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Hi Bo Zett,

Could you provide a simple project that can reproduce the issue? Such as via "OneDrive".

And, what is "MS Access form"? Is it a windows form project? The "TextBox" in Access? Or in a form?

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

I do not think this is feasible. The form is part of an application with dozens of tables, queries, reports and modules.

Regards, Bo Zett

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hi Bo Zett,

I am sorry that your issue seems to be related to MS Access, rather than Winforms. But the forum is discussing the problems about Winforms.

Are you confusing the two? I will move the thread to the forum Access for Developers. There will be professionals to help you solve the problem.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:57 AM
  • I have never encountered that and if no other text box is behaving that way I would just delete the text box and copy and paste one of the existing text boxes. If it still happens check the field properties in the table in case something is being passed on to the form.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

• Marked as answer by Bo Zett Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:04 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 4:06 PM