The connection either timed out or was lost- SSAS Error while cube synchronization from source server to destination RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am executing XMLA script via scheduled SSIS dtsx package to synchronize the ssas cube form source to destination server. Everytime it works fine but sometimes it gives error in random manner like once in 2-3 months.

Error is : "The connection either timed out or was lost"

Later when I perform synchronization manually via DB synchronization wizard, it works. I checked from network between 2 server, configuration , data related settings and also from memory perspective, but everything seems fine.

Can you please guide how to tackle this?

• Edited by ScriptSoft Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:06 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:06 AM

All replies

• Are there other SSAS jobs running in same time? Maybe from other SSAS DBs which are causing locks on instance level for a longer period.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:16 AM
  • Thanks Yger for your quick reply,

I will check that and let you know.

• Edited by ScriptSoft Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:11 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:11 PM
  • Hi ,

Have you made progress on this issue , found any clue ?

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, August 7, 2020 7:03 AM
  • Hi, Sorry for delay in response,

The connection error seems one time and did not occur later.

But Synch job thrown another error as below. I checked there is no another error job running at the same time

File system error: The following error occurred while opening the file '\\?\F:\OLAP\Data\Credit-User-Cube.74.db\0.CryptKey.bin': The system cannot find the path specified. . Errors in the metadata manager. Processing for the database will be disabled because an error occurred while loading the 'Credit-Cube-User' database cryptography key. One possible reason for this error is that the service account has changed.

In the error, Credit-user cube is another cube under ssas DB. but not sure why synch job is referring to another SSAS DB/cube. Any help much appreciated please.

• Edited by ScriptSoft Friday, August 14, 2020 9:52 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2020 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

We'd like to redirect this thread to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/67703/file-system-error-errors-in-the-metadata-manager-p.html

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:28 AM