Javascript will not execute on IIS7 WS2008 64-bit RRS feed

• Question

• User-142962039 posted
    I have a brand new web server running 64-bit for a large shopping cart site going in soon that needs 64 bit native. I have loaded a few other small websites on the server and none of the javascript will run. I get the following error in IE8: Message: 'Lightbox' is undefined (any call to javascript is undefined) One of the websites is a simple full flash site with no .NET at all and another site is a .NET site that works perfectly, MINUS ALL the javascript! I have tried 3 different Application pools (64bit Integrated Pipeline, 32bit Enabled Integrated Pipeline and Classic), nothing works. I have searched this and read countless blog posts, but none seem as generic and widespread as mine? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks, Ken
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:47 PM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

The javascript executes on client side, not on server. So the problem is in your JS code, or the client disabled JS in his web browser's settings.

Regards

Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:02 AM
  • User-142962039 posted

Hello,

I understand it "executes" on the client side. My browser's JS works fine.  When I load the website locally, it works fine.  When I upload the website to a DIFFERENT server, it works fine.  ONLY ON THIS PARTICULAR SERVER will the Javascript not run, same client browser everytime (me).

The javascript is getting "blocked", not getting DELIVERED to the client, hence the "undefined" functions.

I am pretty sure it is an issue with the applicationHost.config file.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:18 AM
  • User744767459 posted

Hi,

Did you make external .js files and link to them in the web pages?  If so, please check the relevant IIS log entries. The sub status code recoded in IIS log will indicates the exact cause of this issue. IIS log files located in %systemdrive%/inetpub/log/LogFiles/W3SVC+n directory by default. n here is the website's identifier.

Monday, August 31, 2009 3:19 AM