none
Visual Studio 2015 SSIS Database connectivity Issue

Question

• Hello ,

I am new to SSDT and installed  it on Windows 10 and using SSIS  to connect to a SQL server to pull data. While creating a SQL connection and on clicking on "Test Connection" button I am getting below error message :

Test connection failed because error in initializing provider. The .NET Framework OLEDB Data Provider requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. Version 2.12.4202.3 was found currently installed.

I browsed though various article and it said I need to install MDAC 2.8 version but this seems to be not working too.

Please help me as I need to start working on a new project immediately.

Thanks,
    Imran Khan

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi ImranKhan1987

>>I browsed though various article and it said I need to install MDAC 2.8 version but this seems to be not working too.

According to the official document about MDAC2.8 SP1, which does not support Win10, and only available for x86-based computers.

In my VS2015 update3, I have created a Integration Services Project and connect to my SQL Server database successfully.

Do you have installed the latest SSDT for your VS2015, we should confirm the version of MDAC installed in the affected system via following steps:

1. Start ->Run->type ‘regedit’ ;
    2. Step by step click -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess, then we would find the latest MDAC  below

if you don’t have the latest version that you could download the latest SSDT though this link and try re-install again :

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt204009.aspx

In addition, we could install SSDT through modify Visual Studio(via control panel->Programs and Features->right click Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015  choose change ) and enable the option ‘Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools’, then click UPDATE. Please refer to the following screenshot:

if you have any issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:16 AM