The program '[3708]xxxxxxxxx.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code -1073741189 (0xc000027b).Activation of the Windows Store app xxxxxx' failed with error 'The remote procedure call failed'.

Question

• I am trying to migrate my cp app to Release to preview build .I am using VS2012 express , I was able to solve all the compile time error using DOC on migration .but when I run the app I am getting "RPC failed ".I even checked with the  ResourceDirectory in app.xaml it is fine .

I have lost the my way .Any pointers will be appreciated.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:09 AM

Answers

• I overcame this problem by  merging the existing code to a new project and one must also remember while interacting with DLL we must set the properties of DLL (i.e Build as content,  copy as always copy ) to become part of the build.
    • Marked as answer by ranjitrock Monday, September 24, 2012 5:41 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

when running your Windows store app with the debugger attached, if you go to debug, Exceptions, expand the Common Language Runtime Exceptions | System.Runtime.InteropServices | System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException, do you get a better callstack that helps pinpoint the issue?

thanks!

mike

Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:50 PM
  • I overcame this problem by  merging the existing code to a new project and one must also remember while interacting with DLL we must set the properties of DLL (i.e Build as content,  copy as always copy ) to become part of the build.
    • Marked as answer by ranjitrock Monday, September 24, 2012 5:41 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 5:41 AM