none
Not able to Register DSC Node RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to register DSC node using below command but it is failing continuously. I have AzureRm.Automation 5.1.1 module installed on my machine. I am trying to install SQL server and VS 2017 using DSC. Any help will be much appreciated.

Command: Register-AzureRmAutomationDscNode -ResourceGroupName $DSCRGName -AutomationAccountName $AutomationAccountName -AzureVMName $VMName -ConfigurationModeFrequencyMins 30 -verbose -RebootNodeIfNeeded $true -ConfigurationMode "ApplyandMonitor" -AzureVMResourceGroup $VMRGName -NodeConfigurationName $DSCConfiguration

Error: 

Register-AzureRmAutomationDscNode : Cannot process command because of one or more missing mandatory parameters: ResourceGroupName TemplateFile.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Register-AzureRmAutomationDscNode -AutomationAccountName "XXX...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [Register-AzureRmAutomationDscNode], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Automation.Cmdlet.RegisterAzureAutomationDscNode

Thanks

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashuro, sorry for the delayed response. Actively working with the Azure Automation team to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, can you try this workaround? I was able to successfully register a DSC node by adding the AzureVMLocation Parameter. sample cmd below...

Register-AzureRmAutomationDscNode -ResourceGroupName test2018 -AutomationAccountName testAcctName2018 -AzureVMName "DSCnode-01" -AzureVMResourceGroup "contosogroup" -AzureVMLocation "East US" -verbose

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:43 AM