Web Form UI Design , best practice question RRS feed

• Question

• User1253338400 posted

I have a form at the moment which is a connection to a parent url , which holds child urls to test, dev and production environments.it has 4 test boxes 

url, email, pwd , token.

The user enters their details and test that the connection is valid. If this is valid lets say to the url https://testenv.com then that is saved in a connection object.

If the user wants to create a link to lets say the url https://devenvcom, they need to instansiate a new connection screen fill in the details for that url , could be different email and pwd and then save.

Now these 2 connection are linked to the same parent. 

So i need help in a user friendly layout screren where by the user can enter details for both or even al 3 environments and save them . Even navigting to different the connections and their details will be displayed on the tetx boxes.

I dont want to use comboboxes as details for all 3 environments is mandatory before the parent connnection can be save. 

I am just looking for the screen layout, the logic for saving and so forth is fine.

thanks

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 8:21 AM

Answers

• User-939850651 posted

Hi robby32,

I dont want to use comboboxes as details for all 3 environments is mandatory before the parent connnection can be save. 

I am just looking for the screen layout, the logic for saving and so forth is fine.

I think the most important thing in the design of the form is to consider the user experience, corresponding data validation, possible prompts, etc.

I found two articles about problems that may be encountered when designing web forms, and good design suggestions:

Designing Efficient Web Forms: On Structure, Inputs, Labels And Actions

Guidelines for awesome web form design

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Xudong Peng

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2020 8:30 AM

All replies

• User-939850651 posted

Hi robby32,

I think the most important thing in the design of the form is to consider the user experience, corresponding data validation, possible prompts, etc.

I found two articles about problems that may be encountered when designing web forms, and good design suggestions:

Designing Efficient Web Forms: On Structure, Inputs, Labels And Actions

Guidelines for awesome web form design

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Xudong Peng

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2020 8:30 AM
  • User1253338400 posted

Great it helped.

thanks

Sunday, October 18, 2020 6:33 AM