none
The output message of the receive pipeline failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I get this error message every time i drop the file in the receive location. I checked the send port and everything but it still generates the same error message. Also, this particular application doesn't have any orchestration, not sure what exactly does it mean

Error Message:

The output message of the receive pipeline "BIG.Integration.Member.EDI.Pipelines.EdiReceive, BIG.Integration.Member.EDI, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7aad656b917add88" failed routing because there is no subscribing orchestration or send port. The sequence number of the suspended message is 1.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hello, I get this error message every time i drop the file in the receive location. I checked the send port and everything but it still generates the same error message. Also, this particular application doesn't have any orchestration, not sure what exactly does it mean

Error Message:

The output message of the receive pipeline "BIG.Integration.Member.EDI.Pipelines.EdiReceive, BIG.Integration.Member.EDI, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7aad656b917add88" failed routing because there is no subscribing orchestration or send port. The sequence number of the suspended message is 1.

Do you have added a Filter in Send Port for that Receive Port or Message Type?

Wats happening is, your Receive location picks up the message, sends it to Messagebox. After that it doesn't know where to send that message. This is basic working architecture of BizTalk called as Publish/Subscribe meschanism.

To add a filter, go to send port, Click Filter and add expression for:

BTS.ReceivePortName == "YourReceivePortName"

Also please note above,  Its ReceivePortName and not Receive location.

Try this and let us know, what happens!

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:50 AM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:23 AM

All replies

Error Message:

Do you have added a Filter in Send Port for that Receive Port or Message Type?

Wats happening is, your Receive location picks up the message, sends it to Messagebox. After that it doesn't know where to send that message. This is basic working architecture of BizTalk called as Publish/Subscribe meschanism.

To add a filter, go to send port, Click Filter and add expression for:

BTS.ReceivePortName == "YourReceivePortName"

Also please note above,  Its ReceivePortName and not Receive location.

Try this and let us know, what happens!

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:50 AM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:23 AM
  • BizTalk Server works on publisher-subscriber model. Published messages in MessageBox are picked up by subscribers based on subscriptions created.

If subscription is not found at run time for a published message then error encoutered is "failed routing because there is no subscribing orchestration or send port."

Since you don't have orchestration, there could be any of below reasons in your send port as send port acts as a subscriber :

-> Send port filter is missing and resulting in no subscription.

-> Even if you have added required send ports filters , but properties are not promoted correctly. Hence, check your receive pipeline components.

Thank you.

Nishant Garg

BizTalk Developer/Admin/Trainer

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:59 AM