none
Does not link to Microsoft.Kinect.dll RRS feed

• Question

• in several samples project for my v2.0 Kinect the application will not seem to link to Microsoft.Kinect.dll when I try to add a reference. Is this a permissions issue? When I try to add a reference, it will allow me to brose to the file (Microsoft.Kinect.dll) and I click on it and it seems to work but the vs project will still say it has not linked. I am using SDK 2.0. I would assume that once you click and it locatates the file (which I do find in the assemblies folder of the SDK) it should add it to the .NET tab in the Add refernce dialog box. I get nothing. I am also assuming that the reason why the vs proj cannot link to"KinectSensor" is due to this as well. Getting really frustrated here.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Rich,

What kind of project are you trying to add the dll to? 

Thanks,
    James

James Ashley - author, Beginning Kinect Programming
    jamesashley@imaginativeuniversal.com
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:46 PM
  • James, 

Thanks for the response. Right now c# is so new and this Kinect thing is so untested that I think its almost unfair for me to wate your time. I did get it working for only one of the samples that is on the SDK but many dont work, wont open in versions of visual studio and practically all the videos on the issue are outdated or flying in different directions or supplying potential users with useless info. 

I am a professional musician and js developer that is using the Kinect to link up to sounds. I plan on conducting Pink Floyd-like music I write and perform. 

the Body-Basics-WPF seems to be working for me in Visual Studio 2013. Microsoft.Kinect.dll seems to be properly referenced.

at the moment Im just trying to get this particular project to open in Google Chrome and Im trying to reference an external javascript file that controls the audio API.

If you feel like helping out this is a hell of a project once I get it working.

thanks,

Rich

www.richcasella.com

Thursday, July 24, 2014 6:38 PM
  • There is no support for Web/JavaScript.

You can create a WinJS based Windows Store application using the WindowsPreview.Kinect that is located in the Extensions > Windows part of the add reference dialog.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:07 PM