Why is the SNAP Feature LIMITED to TWO Apps?

Question

• Why is the current SNAP feature limited to two apps? And why is it ONLY limited to a 25% + 75% view? Why can't we have a 50% + 50% view?

With our more powerful x64 & x86 Desktop systems & larger screen displays, we should have the ability to SNAP up to FOUR Apps. This will make the desktop environment more productive and differentiate it from the ARM Tablets.

Please see the following quick mock-ups as to what I mean.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/PRINCEGRINCH/Windows%208%20SNAP%20-%201366%20x%20768/

* I have not bothered including any mock-ups for portrait mode, since these screen shots are intended for a desktop with a minimum screen resolution of 1366 x 768.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:19 PM

All replies

• Come on Microsoft...why is the SNAP feature so limited? Windows users are used to opening more than one app, especially on larger high resolution displays.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:34 PM
  • The documentation shows that when using Snap, the user has the ability to view 2 apps next to each other. Since this is a preview, it may change in the Released version. However, we will have to wait and see as there is not information available as to what will be included in the release format.

Marilyn
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Marilyn. I'll take that as MS probably are considering an enhanced of the SNAP Feature, for Systems that are capable and meet the minmum requirements. It'd probably shut the 'Win8 isn't good for productivity' trolls up n all :)

Friday, October 14, 2011 3:55 PM