none
Driver Development environment for WES7 RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI

AS I am Going to USE WES 7 , and i have embedded hardware board, i understand how to create the image and deploy,

but how to create driver development environment so that i can debug driver also runtime,

Some interface that are not in general windows 7, so i cannot test the driver on Windows 7 and deploy on WES7,

I need proper debug environment for the same

Can we use visual studio 2012 and WDK 7 for development and windbg for debugging? 

Thanks

bipul pandey

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:07 AM

Answers

• Yes, you can use VS2012 and WDK7, but try to develop and debug in Windows 7 first before using it in WES7.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:05 PM

All replies

• If you can't ask the board vendor for 7 based drivers, it will be OK to develop your own. WDK is a good tool to develop the drivers and debug. 

Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Yes, you can use VS2012 and WDK7, but try to develop and debug in Windows 7 first before using it in WES7.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:05 PM