An error occurred while establishing a connection... RRS feed

• Question

• I started Visual Studio and received a message that a VS update was available.  I installed it and now I am receiving this error:

I've searched for the last few hours and tried different solutions from other posts including:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/lightswitch/thread/b530533b-4840-41ef-93b4-45da69cc4e39

I also saw a question from Michael Washington and followed the steps listed and could not resolve.  I feel certain it is related to the update but I'm not sure where to go from here.

This is happening when building an existing project and new projects.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

I've been retracing my steps and after trying a number of things, I finally got a message relating to SQL Server not being compatible with the current operating system.  I recently installed Windows 8 Preview after running Windows 7 and installing VS 2012 RC while on Windows 7.  Because I've been working with the HTML Preview on a VHD, I'm not certain that I've successfully built any existing projects since installing Windows 8.

Could this be the issue?  That I was running Windows 7 and installed Windows 8?  Should I uninstall VS 2012 RC and re-install?  I've tried repairing with no luck.

Thanks again.

• Edited by Brian Kidd Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:55 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 1:45 AM

Answers

• I worked through Microsoft Connect and although they made some great suggestions, I was never able to solve the issue.  I reset my development machine and reinstalled.  Everything is fine now.

This was certainly an issue with upgrading to Windows 8 preview after installing VS 2012 RC.

Brian

• Marked as answer by Brian Kidd Friday, July 27, 2012 4:13 PM
    Friday, July 27, 2012 4:13 PM