none
Automatic Project "Phase" field update through completing task in the phase RRS feed

• Question

• I think it's a bit complicated to clear explain but i try..

I want in Project Center a field (Project Phase) that change value automatically when i complete the same phase in the gantt chart.

I'try with a Phase Level field (If Summary=Yes, and %Complete = 100, insert 1 else 0) but i can't rollup this value to the Project Summary Row to add a Project Field (If "Phase Level" = 1 than START, IF "Phase Level" = 2 than PLAN, etc.) maybe with Indicators, to show on the Project Center.

I need help please..

P.S. For the moment i resolve with Milestone Phase, so if i said the Milestone is a "Phase Milestone" and it's 100% it count 1.

Like in this Picture:

Thanks

Daniele

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:21 PM

All replies

• Daniele,

The custom field has to be numeric to roll up. There is a setting to define the calculation for Rollup on numeric fields so that will worthy of review.

You can also create a second task custom field that is numeric and set the value in a formula to =NameOfFirstCustomField if you can't change the first one.

That should get the data to the right level for your needs.

Hope this helps.

Treb Gatte

Monday, July 30, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Thank Trab for your answer, i try using a second field but i need the rolluped SUM of the field in the Project Summary Row=0 but i can't rollup when the formula take action at the phase level:

This is what i need:

In the first pic is what i need, but to have the value in the summary row of the phase i have to rollup with formula... so i have no the SUMMED value at the Project Summary Row level:

Even if i use a second field i have to use the formula to rollup, too, if not i have no value:

I can't rolled up at the Project Summary Row level value in the Summary Phases Level.... :(

Thanks for your patience

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:39 AM
  • The problem is your formula. If you follow the logic, it treats the Project Summary task as another summary row and as long as it's not 100%, it's 0. Another approach is needed.

Treb Gatte

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:50 AM
  • Any suggestion?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Any solution now ?

Didier Maignan | http://wwwe-labor.net

Friday, December 18, 2015 1:56 PM