none
Workflow visualization option in Share point 2013 workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

"Show workflow visualization on status page option" is available in share point 2010 workflow. But it is not available in share point 2013 workflow. I've checked site collection features & site features the feature representing visio services is started but i can't find the option in designer.  Is there any way to enable this option? or is it permanently disabled?

Sethupathy

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Sethupathy,

Yes, “Show workflow visualization on status page” option is not available in SharePoint workflow 2013. It is by design.

You can create workflow 2010 in SharePoint 2013. Because the workflow 2010 also can work in SharePoint 2013. And workflow has the “Show workflow visualization on status page” option.

More reference:

SharePoint 2013 workflows in Visio.

https://blogs.office.com/2012/11/12/sharepoint-2013-workflows-in-visio/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Sethupathy- it's deprecated in '13/permanently disabled.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi cameron,

Thanks for helping me out. can you tell me whether it is specified in any microsoft blogs?. I searched for it but couldn't find it. I want to know why such useful option has been left out.

Sethupathy

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:31 AM
  • Hi Sethupathy,

Yes, “Show workflow visualization on status page” option is not available in SharePoint workflow 2013. It is by design.

You can create workflow 2010 in SharePoint 2013. Because the workflow 2010 also can work in SharePoint 2013. And workflow has the “Show workflow visualization on status page” option.

More reference:

SharePoint 2013 workflows in Visio.

https://blogs.office.com/2012/11/12/sharepoint-2013-workflows-in-visio/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:18 AM
  • Hi Sethupathy,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, August 8, 2016 9:46 AM