none
WDF driver - Configure I/O space in the INF RRS feed

• Question

• I developed a simple driver that reads/writes to registers on an FPGA which is on the LPC bus on my target hardware (used "portio" as an example). The base I/O address of the FPGA is set to 0x4000 which is what I then set in the INF file associated with my driver, specifically the below is in my INF:

ConfigPriority=DESIRED
    IOConfig=4000-4010(ffff::)

The chipset on my board includes the ICHM9, which has registers to initialize specific for the LPC bus, specifically port decode ranges.  How is it, based on those INF settings that Windows "knows" to set LPC bridge registers on the I/O controller?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:28 PM

Answers

• instead of using IOConfig in the INF, report your device and its hw requirements in the ACPI namespace and the OS will do the rest

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:35 PM

All replies

• instead of using IOConfig in the INF, report your device and its hw requirements in the ACPI namespace and the OS will do the rest

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:35 PM
  • Thanks. I will research using the  ACPI namespace, is this the "preferred method" of defining ACPI?

Out of curiosity and if you know, How is it, based on those INF settings (in the original post) that Windows "knows" to set LPC bridge registers on the I/O controller?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:14 PM
  • it doesn't. the INF settings you refer to were created for ISA devices that aren't pnp enumerable, not for bios or LPC devices. the acpi route is the way to make this work.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:59 PM