Blend says 'the property value is not valid'

Question

• Every time I click on a appbarbutton in Blend it says 'the property value is not valid' and the icon disappears from the properties window.  I am not sure which property is invalid or if it is even a big deal because the error doesn't show up in the visual studio designer.

Help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I cannot see any error message like "property value is not valid" in my Blend when I click on a appbarbutton.

However I guess you might not set the Icon property for the it. To ensure what exactly the problem, I would invite you to share your project with us for a test purpose. Upload to OneDrive and share us the link would be much more helpful.

--James 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I cannot see any error message like "property value is not valid" in my Blend when I click on a appbarbutton.

However I guess you might not set the Icon property for the it. To ensure what exactly the problem, I would invite you to share your project with us for a test purpose. Upload to OneDrive and share us the link would be much more helpful.

--James 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:28 AM
  • Thanks that is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bigger problem.

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:58 PM