I failed the certification ? what went wrong ?

Question

• Technical compliance:                     failed                     

This tests your app with the Windows App Certification Kit. You can also run this the test locally from the SDK.       Learn more

One or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests failed. Test your app with the Windows App Certification Kit on your computer to get more detailed info about this error.                        
          Your app failed one or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests.     Verify that you have Windows App Certification Kit version 2.0.9200, and ensure that your app passes all tests.       You can find which version you are using either in the title bar or in the test results.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Raymond,

Here is a former thread discussing on the similar issue:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/45cf901e-c522-4484-94db-4d701a7d5dd2

When you try testing your app locally, try using the

Project --> Store --> Create App Packages

menu (choose "No" so that it won't be uploaded to windows store, just for local test) to generate the package for App Cert Kit test.

Also, for byecode generation error, the following things you can check:

* Make sure the project is build with "release" mode

* If you have referenced externsl script files (not generated by Visual Studio), manually open each of them via notepad and save it as "UTF-8" encoding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:27 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 7:38 AM

All replies

• did you run the wack test locally?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:14 PM
  • the app works fine, it did not crash, i test it myself for like 1 month. The description of the failure is so unclear, i don't even know what to fix in the first place ? i don't even know what went wrong on the Microsoft team when they decides to say my app failed technically.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Hmm. I failed at Bytecode generation : This package was deployed for development or authoring mode. Uninstall the package and re-install it normally.

How to fix this ? please help ?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:15 PM
  • i used jQuery. Is that the reason why my app failed on the bytecode generation ?
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:30 PM
  • Hi Raymond,

Here is a former thread discussing on the similar issue:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/45cf901e-c522-4484-94db-4d701a7d5dd2

When you try testing your app locally, try using the

Project --> Store --> Create App Packages

menu (choose "No" so that it won't be uploaded to windows store, just for local test) to generate the package for App Cert Kit test.

Also, for byecode generation error, the following things you can check:

* Make sure the project is build with "release" mode

* If you have referenced externsl script files (not generated by Visual Studio), manually open each of them via notepad and save it as "UTF-8" encoding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:27 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 7:38 AM