none
ReportViewer Control's Find | Next toolbar controls disabled RRS feed

• Question

• (I also posted this in a .NET Framework forum before I found this one, sorry...)

I have a (I hope!) simple question regarding the ReportViewer ASP.NET control. We're using Visual Studio 2010 and IIS 7.5.

We have a page including a ReportViewer control, running in local mode (rdlc file). Everything works fine, except after the report is rendered the "Find" and "Next" buttons are disabled (gray) and no text may be typed in the search area (also disabled). All the other controls including page navigation, zoom, export, refresh, and print work fine.

I've done extensive experimentation and searching, but have been unable to find a solution. Help, please!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:53 PM

All replies

• I probably also should have mentioned we're seeing this testing with IE 8.0.7600.16385.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Update: The Find and Next links/buttons are disabled until text is typed in the textbox. The textbox isn't disabled, it's just that there's literally a one-pixel area on the left side that has to be clicked to enter text. If you click anywhere else it might as well be disabled.

Surely others have run across this? Any ideas?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Also seeing this, what was the verdict here?
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 2:28 AM
  • What I found is that the Search is disabled when the Report is in 'Print Layout' mode. Switching to Normal mode enables the search feature.
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Riffel Thursday, January 9, 2014 2:38 PM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 2:38 PM