Microsoft Robotics Studio , still useable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

is the Microsoft Robotics Studio deprecated ?  I can only find a version which works with vs2010 ?  Is it still being developped?

I don't work professionally with robotics studio. but i'm playing around with lego mindstorms.  

I can't get VS2010 running (i also already have 2012 and 2013 on my machine for my work so three visual studios is also tough)

Is it recommended still using the robotics studio or is there in the meanwhile an other / newer software?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:37 AM

All replies

• If you're only looking for asynchronous parallelization and coordination technology, I might suggest Task Parallel Library (TPL).  This will work even within your VS2013 environment.

Dennis M. Knippel

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:40 PM
  • If the next MRDS update could use it too, it would be great!

From what I understood TPL and async/await have some similarities with the CCR.

This could benefit MRDS with simpler syntax and improved tools support.

Not sure about the DSS though.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:11 PM
  • TPL is essentially what CCR morphed into, but managed by a department with a much larger budget :-).  If you are familiar with CCR, it will take about half your lunch hour to understand TPL.  Also, if you put TPL on your resume, rather than MRDS, people will take you more seriously rather than view you as a ponytailed fortysomething who plays with toy robots while living in their parents' basement.  Bug I digress....

Dennis M. Knippel

• Proposed as answer by Gershon Parent Friday, January 10, 2014 6:18 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:45 PM
  • The latest version, RDS4, has been tested with VS2012. If you are having issues using it with VS2012, please provide details about the problem.
    Friday, January 10, 2014 6:18 PM
  • Is there a time frame for an update that supports TPL and Visual Studio 2013?

thanks.

• Edited by TheUser4574 Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:46 PM
    Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:41 PM