none
SharePoint 2013 Database RAM Utilization Issue

Question

• We are having 3 Tier Architecture with  1 WFE  1 App  and 1 DB Server. We have a user base of around 500 . Currently we are facing issue with excess RAM utilization of DB Server . RAM Utilization is around 95% however we are having 72 GB of RAM.Almost 90% of Memory is getting consumed by SQL Service.

Currently we are facing performance issue with SharePoint  and only solution we left is to restart the server . Even after restart issue didn't get resolved. 

I welcome your suggestions or guidelines such that we can overcome the existing  issue.

Friday, May 24, 2019 5:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Shushant Vikram,

To troubleshoot the issue, you could open the task manager to check which task consumes the memory.

Then you could consider ending the un-useful task in the task manager.

And you also configure the server memory limit in the SQL Server Management Studio according to the article below.

SQL Server is showing full memory usage.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Shushant Vikram,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the helpful reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 27, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi Sara,

SQL Service is consuming almost 90% of RAM. 

Can you help me to find how much memory I have to assign to SQL Service If my total RAM is 72 GB. Is there any way to find out actual how much memory should be consumed in actual setup.

Regards,

Shushant 

Monday, May 27, 2019 5:04 AM
  • Hi Shushant Vikram,

I suggest you could set the max memory as 72GB*0.2 in the SQL Server Management Studio.

It is just a suggestion, you could set the max memory according to your requirement.

More references:

Server Memory Server Configuration Options.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/server-memory-server-configuration-options?view=sql-server-2017

Setting a fixed amount of memory for SQL Server.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Dear Sara,

Thanks for the  guidance. 

I have configured max memory utilization  as per the guidelines .

Regards,

Shushant 

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:20 AM