Is there a way to see the sql code in powerpivot after the initial files have been pulled down. RRS feed

• Question

• I've used PowerPivot to pull data from mulitple folders to create a prototype report.  Now I need to see the sql code of my original pull down so that I can start to clean up the final sql code.  Is there a way to either go back and see the sql code that was created when I first pulled the files down, or to go back to the design mode where I first picked the tables?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:09 PM

Answers

• From the PowerPivot window, select the table you want.  Then go to the Design tab and select "Table Properties".  If the table you've selected has a SQL query source, you'll see the underlying SQL and be able to modify it there.

Hope that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP
    // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts //
    http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:56 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

Adding more information to Brent. We can switch to "Query Editor" window to modify our SQL query. Please see the screenshot:

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:48 AM

All replies

• From the PowerPivot window, select the table you want.  Then go to the Design tab and select "Table Properties".  If the table you've selected has a SQL query source, you'll see the underlying SQL and be able to modify it there.

Hope that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP
    // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts //
    http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:56 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

Adding more information to Brent. We can switch to "Query Editor" window to modify our SQL query. Please see the screenshot:

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:49 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:48 AM