none
Change message subject of a message send to a group address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to use the EWS (managed API) to edit the mail subject of a message sent to a group address.

I can update the title on my local mailbox without problem but is it also possible to change the message title on the other recipients mailboxes ?

Here is a sample of what I'd like to have:

1. A person sent a mail to an address: ie: help@domain.lan
    2. The help address is a list of user1@domain.lan, user2@domain.lan, user3@domain.lan
    3. Through EWS (in a VSTO outook addin), user2 can edit the title on it mailbox where with the Add-In by adding a [XXX] tag next to the mail title using the "Update" function.
    4. Now I'd like the message title to be changed on user1 and user3 mailboxes as well.

How can I do this with the EWS API ? Or maybe there is another way to do it ?

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:58 PM

All replies

• Each mail item is a separate Exchange Store item (eg it could be on different server/dags) so if you want to update the other messages you would need rights to those mailboxes, find the Message in question (eg use the Internetmessageid) and then update each message.

If you only need to do this when the message is sent the easiest way would just be to use a Transport Rule/Mail flow rule.

Cheers
    Glen 

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:47 PM