Modifying permissions on files/items in version control using the SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Using the SDK, I need to change permissions on a specified file/item in version control.  I need to be able to do this for a particular user and for all users. 

For instance, my app will disallow check in of a specified file for all users.  Later, it would allow checkin of that file by a particular user, check in the file, then allow check in again for all users.

How do I do this?  Please provide example code.

EVal99 Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hello EVal99,

Thanks for your post.

To grant permission for a user to access a specific file in the TFS Source Control programmatically, please use the following code.  The sample code is to used to deny domain\username's check out permission for the file: $/TFSReport/WinformApp/WinformApp/Form1.Designer.cs

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

using Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client;

using System.Net;

using Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client;

namespace Model.versionControl

{

public static class GrantFilePermission

{

public static void GrantPermission()

{

NetworkCredential cre = new NetworkCredential("userName", "password", "domain");

TfsTeamProjectCollection tfs = new TfsTeamProjectCollection(new Uri("tfs2010URL"), cre);

VersionControlServer vcs = tfs.GetService(typeof(VersionControlServer)) as VersionControlServer;

List<SecurityChange> changes = new List<SecurityChange>();

changes.Add(new PermissionChange("$/TFSReport/WinformApp/WinformApp/Form1.Designer.cs", @"domain\user",null , new string[] { "PendChange" }, null));

SecurityChange[] actualChanges = vcs.SetPermissions(changes.ToArray());

}

}

}

And please also take a look this article for further information about PermissionChange Constructor.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.teamfoundation.versioncontrol.client.permissionchange.permissionchange.aspx

For more information about permission name in the command line, please see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252587.aspx
    Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by EVal99 Monday, June 20, 2011 7:06 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:59 AM