Possible to define which folders are used by the resource management system?

Question

• Hello,

We've got a JS-based Store app, where the source files are spread to multiple sub-directories for maintainability reasons. One of the directories is called 'bg/' (as in background), but the resource management framework seems to think this contains Bulgarian-specific files and VS/MakePri complains that we have a problem with our resources ("MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/my-file.js'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources."). 

Question: can we define which directories should be included/excluded by the resource framework? We can of course rename the directory as a workaround, but it's a bit awkward if the magic performed by the resource management system affects how the directories can be named and there's no way to adjust the behavior.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Harriha,

There isn't a way to change the directories looked at for resources. You will need to use different names. My recommendation is to use longer and more unique names that cannot be mistaken for BCP-47 language tags.

I discussed this previously in Cert fail 6.13.8? But my app isn’t supposed to support Bulgarian!   

--Rob

• Marked as answer by harriha Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:22 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:31 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks, didn't spot that blog post. Ok, we'll go with the workaround then, thanks for the advice.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:22 PM