none
Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there are you able to build your own server with windows embedded. Ie make my own ui.

Thank you

Mathew

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:21 PM

Answers

• What do you mean by Windows Embedded?  Do you mean Windows Embedded Standard?  Windows Embedded Compact?  Or something else?

And as Paul points out, what do you want to serve?  What does your own UI have to do with the server?

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Eurotech

• Marked as answer by mathew_27 Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:37 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:39 PM

All replies

• I'm guessing, but I think you're asking in the wrong Forum. Say more about "build your own server".

Build your own server might mean building a Windows service to run on desktop Windows, which is certainly possible.

Build your own server might mean to build a box that displays only one possible screen on some connected display and serves up "something" over a network connection. You haven't told us what you want to serve! Windows Embedded Compact can certainly do that, but you'll have to design the hardware and configure the software appropriately, as well as write the service code that serves whatever you want to serve.

We need a LOT more detail to give a useful answer!

Paul T.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:24 PM
  • What do you mean by Windows Embedded?  Do you mean Windows Embedded Standard?  Windows Embedded Compact?  Or something else?

And as Paul points out, what do you want to serve?  What does your own UI have to do with the server?

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
    I work for Eurotech

• Marked as answer by mathew_27 Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:37 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:39 PM