none
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations key not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. In https://my.visualstudio.com/productkeys I have both Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N keys:

However, I cannot find a corresponding ISO image. Windows 10 (multi-edition), Version 1709 (Updated Sept 2017) is supposed to work:

But when I try using this ISO with any of the product keys above, I get the following error message:

Where can I find installation media that truly supports Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:12 PM

All replies

• Dear Soft,

I have downloaded the tested in Virtual Machine and it seems like that the ISO is missing both the Windows 10 Pro Workstation Editions

I have already contacted the Visual Studio Support, hopefully they will fix it.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b37019-90cf-4633-a4c6-349512c33427/activating-subscription-with-work-email-and-subscription-id?forum=msdnfeedback

• Proposed as answer by bonepickerx Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:21 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by bonepickerx Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Me, too. But I found a workaround.

1) First I installed the "Core" version (Home or Home N), without entering any product key.

2) At reboot I entered the Pro for Workstations product key.

It took only a few minutes of upgrading and one subsequent reboot. Now I have my activated copy of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

• Edited by fastleo63 Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JackKhoros Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:55 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:18 PM
  • This does not work easily. You have to do a FULL CLEAN install of Windows 10 Pro. Don't put in any key code when it asks, tick the box that says you don't have a code. After you get the CLEAN INSTALL completed you have to go to the store and add the code in. You only get to do this once. You can not "UPGRADE"" a current installation, YOU MUST PERFORM A CLEAN INSTALL. This is typical MICROSOFT INABILLITY TO GET EVEN THE SIMPLEST THINGS CORRECT. DONT BOTHER CALLING SUPPORT THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THIS IS AN OPERASTING SYSTEM. I WAS TRANSFERRED 5 TIMES AND THEN HUNG UP ON DURING THREE ATTEMPTS, AND OFF CORSE THE LANGUAGE BARRIER IS ANOTHER MATTER. MICROSOFT SUCKS! SUPPORT SUCKS! SIMPLE UPGRADE SUCKS! BOTTOM LINE THE FIRST THING SUPPORT DOES IS LIE TO YOU. YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE WHO IS CLEARLY IN INDIA AND HIS NAME IS KEVIN, THIS IS HOW MICROSOFT STARTS OFF A SUPPORT CALL BY LYING TO YOU.

ANTI-TRUST. ANTI-TRUST, ANTI-TRUST. Microsoft based Server pricing on the number of cores on your servers Xeon processor saying you were getting more out of the OS so you should have to pay more. ALL MANUFACTURERS PUBLISHED PROCESSOR PERFORMANCE LOSS DATA AFTER SPECTRE AND MELTDOWN PATCHES WERE APPLIED UP TO A 33% LOSS IN PROCESSOR PERFORMANCE THIS IS WELL KNOWN ACCROSS THE INDUSTRY, MICROSOFT BURIED IT. THEY ARE NOT RUNNING OUT TO REFUND SERVER LICENSE USERS BASED ON THE PROCESSOR LOSS OF PERFORMANCE BECAUSE OF SPECTRE/MELTDOWN PATCHES, NO THEY ARE LAUGHINHG ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK. THEY BASED LICENSING COST ON PERFORMANCE ON THEIR OWN THIS WAS NOT AN INTEL DECISION IT WAS A MICROSOFT DECISION, THE PERFORMANCE IS REDUCED, WHY HASNT SERVER PER CORE LICENSING COST BEEN REDUCED? ANTI-TRUST, ANTI-TRUST, ANTI-TRUST.

Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:37 PM