Problem with Infopath Forms Services on MOSS 2007 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web front end in my farm that is on a piece of hardware that is starting to fail.

We have purchased a new piece of hardware and installed the operating system (Windows Server 2008 with SP2).
    I have installed Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2 with the complete option.

I have added the server to the farm.

If I change my hosts file to include a line like this:
    10.3.4.1 x.x.edu

Then I open a dos window and type in ipconfig /flushdns

Then I open Internet explorer and navigate to my site x.x.edu and then to the site where I have a infopath form I want to fill out.

Fill out the form and submit and I get a message that some of rules were not applied and am asked to continue or start over.

I can test the other web front ends in this manner by changing their IP addresses in my hosts file and everything works fine.

What am I missing in the configuration of the new web front end ?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi David,

Did you mean you installed a new OS and SharePoint WFE server with your new hardware(may harddisk)?

What is the detailed error?

Please set the ip address 10.3.4.1 for your site x.x.edu IIS binding on your new SharePoint server and check results, and also check if it is related to DisableLoopbackCheck on your new server. 

http://www.harbar.net/archive/2009/07/02/disableloopbackcheck-amp-sharepoint-what-every-admin-and-developer-should-know.aspx

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com. 

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Daniel,

Thanks.

It was indeed the loopback check. I thought I had already done that step.

Appreciate the help.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:48 PM