none
Biztalk publish and consume webservices sample RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Exceperts,

any one provide sample biztalk publish web-service and consume scenarios.

Thanks

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Anil,

If I understood your question,

• You have published an orchestration as web service.

• You want to consume/access  the output of this orchestration which is published as web service. And you want to consume this output thru another BizTalk orchestration. Am I right?

Where is the output from the orchestration (which you published as web service) is sent? Did you configure any send port to send the output to any folder? Or Did you configured the orchestration to publish/send the output to direct to messgebox db-direct bound.

Though you have published your orchestration as webservice, message output from this orchestration would be send/processed as normal BizTalk Orchestration. Publishing the orchestration as web service is just how you want to expose the orchestration to external world to interface.

If your orchestration’s (which you published as webservice) output is send to file directory then your next orchestration (where you want to consume the output) should subscribe the file from folder directory.

If you orchestration’s (which you published as webservice) output is send to messagebox db (direct bound) then your next orchestration (where you want to consume the output ) should subscribe from messagebox db-direct bound as you normally do in BizTalk orchestration processing.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:57 AM

All replies

• Look at the "Message Enrichment Tutorial" @http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee409292.aspx

Step 14 - will take you through publishing an orchestration as a Web Service and you'll consume it also as part of the tutorial later.

Regards.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:39 AM
  • 1.i published the my orch as web service, found wsdl fine. 

2.i want the published orch output .how to consume the output.

i done add serviced reffence wsdl to my project .after that my mind is blank.

please anyone put your inputs?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:44 AM
  • you add the service reference would have generated the appropriate proxies.

Use the name of the service reference and you should see the methods and classes for your message. Instantiate the requet message class, Instantiate the Soap Client class, call the method and you will get the response.

refer http://www.csharptutorial.in/2012/01/cnet-how-to-consume-web-service-in-cnet.html and http://www.csharptutorial.in/2012/01/cnet-how-to-consume-wcf-web-service-in.html

Regards.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:57 AM
  • Hi ,

i want consume thru the biztalk orch? beacuse the service output will be used in next orch?

thanks

• Edited by anilraos Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:13 AM mopd
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:12 AM
  • Hi Anil,

If I understood your question,

• You have published an orchestration as web service.

• You want to consume/access  the output of this orchestration which is published as web service. And you want to consume this output thru another BizTalk orchestration. Am I right?

Where is the output from the orchestration (which you published as web service) is sent? Did you configure any send port to send the output to any folder? Or Did you configured the orchestration to publish/send the output to direct to messgebox db-direct bound.

Though you have published your orchestration as webservice, message output from this orchestration would be send/processed as normal BizTalk Orchestration. Publishing the orchestration as web service is just how you want to expose the orchestration to external world to interface.

If your orchestration’s (which you published as webservice) output is send to file directory then your next orchestration (where you want to consume the output) should subscribe the file from folder directory.

If you orchestration’s (which you published as webservice) output is send to messagebox db (direct bound) then your next orchestration (where you want to consume the output ) should subscribe from messagebox db-direct bound as you normally do in BizTalk orchestration processing.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:57 AM
  • thanks Ashwin,

as per your comments:

Am I right?  YES 

Though you have published your orchestration as webservice, message output from this orchestration would be send/processed as normal BizTalk Orchestration. Publishing the orchestration as web service is just how you want to expose the orchestration to external world to interface.  please could you explain more above your comments. just noramaly exposed as web service my orch.

Published Orch as web serverice thru the wsdl.

2.i want consume  the orch process  in another orch thru the wsdl .how ?

please could to provide me possible solutions. normally how to consume the webservice in biztalk?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:30 AM
  • You publish orch as web service to extend the BizTalk outside your BizTalk environment, to enable a service-oriented. Or if you want to interface the .NET application or external application through SOA. Internally your orchestration’s processes has not changed, as the word says it is “exposing” the orchestration as web service, so other application can interact with exposed interface which is orchestration as web service.

If the orchestration which you published as web service is in same environment as your next orchestration (where you want to consume the output ), You don’t need to consume the orchestration as web service. As mentioned in my earlier reply you can handle the orchestration (which you published as webservice) as how you would handle normal orchestration. You can use file drop or direct bound port to receive message from main orch. You can also consider call/start-orchestration shapes depends upon your requirement.

Anyway, to consume web service in orchestration following references shall help you:

MSDN: Consuming Web Services

Step-by-step guidance: Orchestrations - Calling Web Services

Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:51 AM