none
Is Office 365 Sharepoint capable of fitting my needs? (Advanced Sharepoint Development - Auto/GL Claims and Workers Comp/Leave & Disability system) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping for input from some Sharepoint developers with advanced skills building custom solutions to fit business needs.

I'm working with a company now that is looking to eliminate a system used to manage auto & general liability claims and workers comp/leave & disability with something lightweight. I have a full set of requirements and understand what needs to be built. Now I'm wondering if Sharepoint can be used to build out a solution to manage claim data collection (create a claim, provide a guided workflow, allow data to be saved into the system or to SQL database) and interface with their current systems (SQL, ERP, HCM, etc). These integrations would likely be .CSV file transfers.

Considering the simplistic overview above, can an Office 365 Sharepoint site be built using HTML, CSS, Javascript, and other languages (C#/Visual Basic), along with some manual processes, to meet my needs? For testing I have a Microsoft developer account with Azure VM set up with Visual Studio, a blank SQL database, and a new Office 365 Sharepoint site. I'm very familiar with VB, HTML, and CSS, and capable with C# and Javascript and have resources to support.

Would I be better off going down a different route like an ASP.Net server-hosted app or some other solution? I'm not a developer but learn fast and just need to prove feasibility before bringing in a team.

• Edited by Stroman317 Friday, August 9, 2019 3:01 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi

The SharePoint online site can be created by just a few clicks.

I don't know the detail of your business needs, you can start without code first.

>Data can be saved in list of SharePoint site, you can create a custom list.

>For the workflow, you can use Flow to implement your requirement.

>For interfaces of current systems, you can call their APIs.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Monday, August 12, 2019 1:17 AM