Metro apps missing in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• i found that few apps are missing in windows developer preview like video mail music etc. what i have to do to bring them back. I'm posting a screen shot to give you a better idea. and few apps isn't working well also. but  i like the new metro UI

Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:05 PM

Answers

• vipinvenzzz,

I am sorry to hear about your issue. What version of Windows Developer Preview are you running?  From the looks of your screenshot you have all of the Metro-Apps that come with the Windows Developer Preview, the apps that you reference in your post, video, mail and music are not Metro-Apps that come with Windows Developer Preview.  Are they applications that you installed yourself?  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:32 PM
  • Go to a command prompt, click and go to Advanced at the bottom of the screen.
    Select Run as Administrator. 

Type in: SFC /scannow

This will check for any integrity violations and fix any corrupted operating system files.

Let us know if this helps.

Marilyn
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Also try to create a new Windows Profile and see if its there. Maybe some of the apps might just unpinned.
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:38 PM

All replies

• vipinvenzzz,

I am sorry to hear about your issue. What version of Windows Developer Preview are you running?  From the looks of your screenshot you have all of the Metro-Apps that come with the Windows Developer Preview, the apps that you reference in your post, video, mail and music are not Metro-Apps that come with Windows Developer Preview.  Are they applications that you installed yourself?  Please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:32 PM
  • Go to a command prompt, click and go to Advanced at the bottom of the screen.
    Select Run as Administrator. 

Type in: SFC /scannow

This will check for any integrity violations and fix any corrupted operating system files.

Marilyn
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Also try to create a new Windows Profile and see if its there. Maybe some of the apps might just unpinned.
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:38 PM
  • MAM i unpinned desktop tile from metro interface by mistake,, :( how to get it back ???
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:06 AM
  • On Metro start screen, type "desktop" to search for it. On the right side of the screen, you will see the desktop icon.
    Right click the desktop icon. On the bottom right of the screen, click pin and this will repin to the Start screen.

If that doesn't help, you can do a perform Push Button Reset from the Windows Metro Style Control Panel under General.

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:34 PM