FBA + LDAP= people picker not able to search groups, but users ok RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just setup a new farm and I'm using the FBA + LDAP + SharePoint 2010.

I'm able to search for users using part of the user name: search for: te results all the users with TE in the name (Like Test1, Test2...)

but I'm not able to do the same with the groups!

if I type the full name of a group, the people picker is able to fond it, but else, no group returned.

any idea?

Here the provider info added in the web.config:

<add name="LDAPRole" type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Security.LdapRoleProvider, Microsoft.Office.Server, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" server="DCNAME" port="389" useSSL="false" groupContainer="OU=TestContainer,DC=test,DC=local" groupNameAttribute="cn" groupNameAlternateSearchAttribute="samAccountName" groupMemberAttribute="member" userNameAttribute="sAMAccountName" dnAttribute="distinguishedName" groupFilter="(&amp;(ObjectClass=group))" userFilter="(&amp;(ObjectClass=person))" scope="Subtree" />

and the peoplepickerwildcard info:

<PeoplePickerWildcards>
          <clear />
          <add key="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" value="%" />
          <add key="LDAPMember" value="*" />
          <add key="LDAPRole" value="*" />
        </PeoplePickerWildcards>

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:31 PM

Answers

• From what I recall, wildcard matches of groups does not work with the Microsoft LDAP provider.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pratik Vyas Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:00 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:06 PM

All replies

• From what I recall, wildcard matches of groups does not work with the Microsoft LDAP provider.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pratik Vyas Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:00 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:06 PM
  • ggrrr :(
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:09 PM