4.2 stand alone installer RRS feed

• Question

• I think a stand alone installer for v4.2 will be very useful.

- For people that want to install over a network in a company

- What happens if the Nuget service or Internet is down

- If I want to install v4.2 in 5 or 10 years from now (belie me, I still use VB6 and many COM components/libraries, and sometimes I strugle when I need to isntall an ActiveX used in an old project that I need to modify)

Is there a way to add a reference to v4.2 in a project without using Nuget? I already installed the nuget package in a project, but I cannot add the reference in other projects in my PC, because the dll are installed only for the project that ran the nuget package.

Thanks

LF
    Friday, November 25, 2011 6:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi LF,

Welcome!

From the blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive/2011/11/01/ef-4-2-released.aspx, I'm afraid there isnot alone installer for EF4.2 now, thanks for understanding.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alan_chen Monday, December 5, 2011 8:47 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:07 AM
  • I am also having issue downloading entity framework 4.2 thru NuGet.  What alternatives do I have if any? Offering update thru NuGet seem to be very limitted to the rest of the world especially where there are Firewall restrictions.  Many thanks for your assistance in advance.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:12 AM