Disable editing in a ListView ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  ,

I'm building a C# metro ui App.

I have a small problem and I cannot find a solution. 

I have a page with a flipview and this flipview has some flipviewitems with listviews.  

Some listviews are just one record and some others are let's say a detail grid (multiple records).

In the listviews I have fields where the user can type  things(let's not focus in there).

I want when this XAML page is called from a specific other XAML page to disable some features in the listviews.

Making the listviews with the IsEnabled property = false didn't help me because my background is black and we all know what that means. I can barely read what's inside the fields.

Also not to mention that some of my listviews have some buttons which I want to disable them also.

I tried the IsTapEnabled = false but it allows me to type in the item listview.

Does anyone has any idea on how to disable the itemlistview making it as readonly ? Keeping with this the same colors , foreground and background like the ones it has before it was disabled ?

Appreciate your ideas on this

thank you

Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hi prasanas ,

I have already implemented using the VisualTreeHelper . This is not my problem.

I just want to avoid the loops , finding the textboxes, finding the buttons etc.

In the mean time I'm using the visualtreehelper making the textboxes as read only and the buttons not enabled.

I'm covered for the moment with that.

I was hopping if there was something , somewhere , to avoid the loops.

thank you

• Marked as answer by zakkar Tuesday, October 1, 2013 4:45 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 7:18 AM

All replies