none
Windows 8.1 constantly trying to tunnel to nexus.officeapps.live.com:443 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to debug a visual studio app this morning and needed Fiddler to examine what was going on -- but I can't because there is (literally) constant HTTP traffic as "Tunnel to....nexus.officeapps.live.com:443".

Folks, I really do mean constant HTTP traffic to this one location!  I have had Fiddler up for the last 3 or 4 minutes only and have in excess of 2,100 of these messages.

Whatever is sending this message out is sending out 190 bytes (Out: 190) and consuming about 20% of an Intel i7.  There is no data whatsoever being returned (In: 0).

Does anyone know what is happening and what is causing this constant traffic?

Thanks in advance!  If I'm in the wrong forum, please let me know where I should go.

Lynn

Monday, May 4, 2015 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Whatever is sending this message out is sending out 190 bytes (Out: 190) and consuming about 20% of an Intel i7

I failed to reproduce this issue on my side (i7 also). At my side, it will be only called once when the Office Application starting and it is called from the Office Desktop Application rather than Apps for Office.

And by the way, will it still consume the 20% CPU without the fiddler running?

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:47 AM
  • Hi Lynn

Well, if this is a visual studio app I don't think the Word for Developers forum is the best bet? What kind of "app" is this, more specifically?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:15 PM
  • I believe it is OneDrive trying to sync. If you pause OneDrive, this traffic will stop. It is happening to me too, for the past week or two.

Steve Ley

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:12 PM
  • This is listed as a URL used by Office for iPad.

You can view all the URLs used by Office at:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-365-URLs-and-IP-address-ranges-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2

Friday, February 5, 2016 3:05 PM
  • It's the Customer Experience Improvement Program feedback being uploaded.
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:04 PM