none
problem printing static images vs camera tool snapshots RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

This question might be a matter of formatting instead of a developer question but since it is related to some VBA code I am using I thought it would be appropriate to post here.  If it isn't, can someone let me know which forum would be more appropriate?

Here's the situation.  I have a workbook that has many tables on separate worksheets.  Then I have couple "summary" type of worksheets which contain camera tool snapshots of tables from different worksheets for easier viewing/printing.  Because of the heavy lag in recalculation time created by using camera tool snapshots, I have turned the snapshots into static images by removing the source range from their formula.  Instead, after making whatever changes I need in the data, I use a VBA macro to loop through each snapshot and briefly restore the source range formula so that it updates to reflect the latest table changes then clear the source range formula again, returning the snapshot to a static image.  This seems to work fine when I view the worksheets and makes the recalculation of the tables much faster when changing the data.

However, I have encountered a new problem.  If I print the summary worksheets with the static images, each table is printed as smaller than when they are snapshots.  In other words, when the source range formula is set to the appropriate range and I print the sheet, everything looks fine.  When I clear the source range formula and print the sheet, each table is now horizontally smaller and some information in the last column is being cut off.  The images/snapshots have their size set to 100% of the original and I have tried keeping "Relative to the original" checked and unchecked with no difference.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As jdweng said, tested it manually,  I think Microsoft Office Technet forums will be more appropriate for this question.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=officeitpro
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 11:01 PM

All replies

• It may not be the images.  It may be the print options are set to auto scale the worksheet.  Try manually printing a one test page and try different print scale options.  Use Print Preview which will allow you to scale page sizes.  Often issues like this occur when you are trying to print more than one page at a time.  The scale on one page may be different from a second page.  Sometimes adding page breaks (horizontal and vertical) helps solves these issues.

jdweng

Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:32 PM
  • Hi,

As jdweng said, tested it manually,  I think Microsoft Office Technet forums will be more appropriate for this question.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=officeitpro
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 11:01 PM
  • I will try posting it on the Office Technet forum to see if that helps.  But I do not think it is an issue of page scaling.  My summary worksheets that I am printing are only one page.  I will trying playing around with that though.  But it is strange that it only scales the static images and not the "live" snapshots.  I'll report back if I have any success fixing it with this just in case someone else encounters this problem in the future.

Monday, February 9, 2015 12:03 AM