email my test results RRS feed

• Question

• My first question regarding the test results is:

1. Is there a way to email my test results? I want to send the results to my validation team who doesn't have Visual studio installed on their systems.

2. Can I save the results in a folder in shared network in a format where people who don't have visual studio installed in their system can see these results?

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 8:55 PM

Answers

• Hi JrTester,

The test results are stored on the file system under the Solution Folder (by default) in a folder called Test Results.  You can find the test result file by matching up the date/time in the file name which ends in .TRX.

They can be sent in email or put on a public share.  You can also publish them to Team Foundation Server where the results are visible in the Build report.

However, people who don't have Visual Studio, and a version with unit testing capabilities, won't be able to see the results in the same way you do.  The TRX file is an xml file.  There are some transforms out there people have written to display the results in a readable form in a web page.  You might look for one if that's what you are trying for.  I found one on codeplex that might work for you.

Yours,

David

Thursday, April 3, 2008 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hi JrTester,

The test results are stored on the file system under the Solution Folder (by default) in a folder called Test Results.  You can find the test result file by matching up the date/time in the file name which ends in .TRX.

They can be sent in email or put on a public share.  You can also publish them to Team Foundation Server where the results are visible in the Build report.

However, people who don't have Visual Studio, and a version with unit testing capabilities, won't be able to see the results in the same way you do.  The TRX file is an xml file.  There are some transforms out there people have written to display the results in a readable form in a web page.  You might look for one if that's what you are trying for.  I found one on codeplex that might work for you.

Yours,

David

Thursday, April 3, 2008 9:17 PM
  • Looks like this transforms (http://www.codeplex.com/trx2html) doesnt work for VS 2008. Is anybody aware of any other tranforms which works well for VS2008?

Thanks,

Amar

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:05 PM
  • Thanks. Apparently, I had tried that version only. It doesnt work well. Are you aware of any other option?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:54 PM
  •  

No,  As with any other xslt, you can freely modify it to suit your needs.
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:47 PM