Strange Anomoly related to workflow condition. Any similar experiences? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a "Reimbursement Request" approval workflow that has been in production for about 3 years and hasn't been modified since June.  This workflow is set to check the total amount and set the "Approval Status" to "Pre-Approved" if the amount is less than $100. It then fires off an email to a distribution group and then stops the workflow. If the amount is greater than $100, it  assigns an approval task to the designated approver.

Over the last day we have had a strange situation pop up where the amount significantly exceeds $100 but the Approval Status is still being set to "Pre-Approved". This is only happening with this one specific case and this is the first time this has ever occurred. It is also happening no matter who enters the request.  I have double checked the amounts and the workflow steps and everything apopears to be correct.

I tried manually clearing the Approval Status by Editing Properties and then manually retriggered the workflow. The workflow then assignes an approval task as it should but it is still updating the Approval Status as "Pre-Approved" 

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar to this, which might help shed some light on what might be going on? This one is really stumpping me..

FYI, we are running MOSS 07, InfoPath 2010 and there are currently 5600 documents in this doc library.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:26 PM