UI tests with camera RRS feed

• Question

• User377666 posted

Hello. I started to write UI tests for my app, for almost all tests I need to scan QRCode to configure my app, have somethink I can do to configure camera In emulator to open a image with QR Code or some way to pass informations in my QRCode? Thank you.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 1:06 PM

All replies

• User42522 posted

@"JoséJunior" said: Hello. I started to write UI tests for my app, for almost all tests I need to scan QRCode to configure my app, have somethink I can do to configure camera In emulator to open a image with QR Code or some way to pass informations in my QRCode? Thank you.

If you pass a QR image to UI Tests, that will not provide reliable QC assurance. As such UI Tests are meant for automatic testing without any user / operator interference. The QR image you provide may not be the same as seen by the camera, with all the skews and out of focuses etc. So even if the tests are passed, it will not guarantee correct functionality.

So as far as camera functions are concerned, manual testing is inevitable...as I think.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 4:31 PM
  • User377666 posted

I understand, then I could define a QR Code test with a first test and not delete configuration for next test, I know how Nunit can define tests order inside a class, but how can I define a class is running first ex:

tests running order:

class1(1º) -test1(2º) -test2(3º) -test3(4º)

class2(9º) -test1(10º) -test2(11º) -test3(12º)

class3(5º) -test1(6º) -test2(7º) -test3(8º)

doing this solve part of my problem and I need scan 1 time for all tests

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 4:56 PM
  • User377666 posted

Someone have any idea ?

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:29 PM