Color - Expression RRS feed

• Question

• User265788195 posted

I ahve this on the Color Property of a cell..

=IIF((Fields!SampleType.Value = "Fruit" & Fields!Quantity.Value > 25), "Red", "Black")

But it doesn't work.. Not sure what am I missing...

"SampleType" is one of the columns and "Quantity" is another column

Is this because of the string comparision? { = "Fruit"} should be trimming that string somehow?

Friday, March 1, 2013 11:59 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

It may be related to the & operator (which can be used as a logical "And" or can often refer to concatenation). You can try using replacing your '&' operator with "AND" to see if that makes any differences : 

=IIF((Fields!SampleType.Value = "Fruit" And Fields!Quantity.Value > 25), "Red", "Black")

My SRSS skills are a bit rusty, as I originally thought it was related to your '=' operator (which I thought should have been '=='). However after checking the documentation the '=' seems correct, but I think the 'AND' should work.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 12:51 PM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

It may be related to the & operator (which can be used as a logical "And" or can often refer to concatenation). You can try using replacing your '&' operator with "AND" to see if that makes any differences : 

=IIF((Fields!SampleType.Value = "Fruit" And Fields!Quantity.Value > 25), "Red", "Black")

My SRSS skills are a bit rusty, as I originally thought it was related to your '=' operator (which I thought should have been '=='). However after checking the documentation the '=' seems correct, but I think the 'AND' should work.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 12:51 PM
  • User265788195 posted

That did work.. Thank you..

BTW, do you know how I can combine both these conditions?

=IIF((Fields!SampleType.Value = "Fruit" & Fields!Quantity.Value > 25), "Red", "Black")
    =IIF((Fields!SampleType.Value = "Bars" & Fields!Quantity.Value > 6), "Red", "Black")

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:14 PM
  • User281315223 posted

I answered this within the other thread related to this question.

Friday, March 1, 2013 1:39 PM