none
Driver Integration Problem to Windows CE 6.0 Device Emulator BSP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've tried a simple stream driver to Windows CE 6.0 Device Emulator BSP Drivers a little time ago. The platform.bib, platform.reg modifications are done. Also, a new catalog item for the device is added by Catalog Editor. But the build process is failed several times even if "Clean Sysgen".

If a CE DLL subproject for that driver is created, the build and debugging are succeeded.

Is there anyone who encounters with similar problem? What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications and helps.

Best regards,

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:28 AM

All replies

• What is the error message you are getting while build process is failing?
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:10 AM
  • Can you give us the error in build.err file.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

build.err in WinCE root directory includes the following error:

BUILD: [Thrd:Sequence:Type  ] Message
    BUILD: [01:0000002702:ERRORE] NMAKE :  U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\DevelopingOSDesign\DevelopingOSDesign\Wince600\DECloneBSP_ARMV4I\cesysgen\oak\lib\ARMV4I\retail\SDBus.lib'
    BUILD: [01:0000002704:ERRORE] NMAKE.EXE TargetExeFiles  -i -c BUILDMSG=Stop.  BUILDROOT=C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\DECloneBSP CLEANBUILD=1 LINKONLY=1 NOPASS0=1MAKEDLL=1 failed - rc = 2

I should say the first build before the driver integration was not generate this problem.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:39 AM
  • Sometimes I have this error (with a different lib) if I switch from debug to retail (or viceversa) configuration and I don't execute a complete Clean + Sysgen.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:48 AM
  • In addition to that check whether you have selected the SYSGEN_SDBUS from the catalog items.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:01 AM
  • Thanks a lot for your helps.

SYSGEN_SDBUS was not selected in the Catalog Items view. After I've selected it then "Sysgen" has succeeded. As far as I understand, only driver build would be sufficient not "Clean Sysgen". Because when I've deselected SYSGEN_SDBUS , then "Sysgen" is succeeded too.

Thanks a lot

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:55 PM