Deploying multiple independent Git Repos to subdirectories of an Azure website RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've followed the instructions for deploying to Azure using git and it works well.  However, I'd like a colleague with their own Git Repo to be able to push stuff to a subdirectory of my Azure website without them cloning my repo and adding their content it.

I'd be happy for my repo to deploy to subfolder A of the Azure website while his repo deploys to subfolder B.

Is this possible? I read up about git submodules but it looks quite complicated, and I can't tell if, given a main repo and a submodule, it would still be simple to deploy the main repo and the submodule to azure without extra steps to keep the submodule up to date? Is there an easier way of telling each repo that when it is pushed to azure, that it should deploy to a subdirectory and ignore anything in the root of the Azure site or in other subdirectories?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:03 PM

Answers

• There is no support today for pushing multiple repos and having them go to different folders. As you suggest, using git submodules is probably your best bet.

David

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:31 AM

All replies

• There is no support today for pushing multiple repos and having them go to different folders. As you suggest, using git submodules is probably your best bet.

David

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:31 AM
  • Any plans to support this? It is a quite typical scenario to have code in one repository while content pages in another.
    Monday, December 22, 2014 6:55 AM