none
Description Field RRS feed

• Question

• I could  show the table B in the query and link the ID of table A to the ID of table B and get the description the problem is that I have 20 fields ID, and I have to do the same process for each field and after I finished the process and run the query access freeze. 
    • Edited by FSalgueiro Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:04 PM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:16 PM

All replies

• If you already have the two tables in the query and they are joined by ID, then just drag the description field from table B down into the query.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:06 PM
  • Based on your initial question and this one, I strongly suggest you first learn something about ACCESS and how to construct and use a table. This will get you started:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Learn-the-structure-of-an-Access-database-6A95097A-F95C-45BF-BE9B-A3F8D7D61C1D

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:00 AM
  • Hi FSalgueiro,

From your above description , I can understand that you are able to do something like below.

what I did not understand that ,"the problem is that I have 20 fields ID, and I have to do the same process for each field".

do you mean you have 20 columns for ID ?

if possible then try to provide your both table design , it is better if you post image too.

so that we can try to see what actually you are trying to do.

if you are using 20 Columns as ID then I think that you need to properly design your database.

generally we use only 1 ID field in table.

also try to post your query so that we can make a test with your query and try to check if there something wrong with it.

if I misunderstand something in your above description then please correct me.

we will try to check it again and try to provide you further suggestions.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:09 AM