The connection with the debugger has been lost RRS feed

• Question

• User87046 posted

Xamarin Studio crashed while I was debugging an android version of my forms project. Now when I try to debug with iOS I get this error: "The connection with the debugger has been lost. The target application may have exited.". The error is only visible when debugging with an iOS device.

Nothing I try is working, the connection to the debugger keeps dropping. (emulator works fine and the debug version installed in the device works).

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:22 PM

All replies

• User87046 posted

It has been fixed !! :smile:

Ok, I accidentally did a update solution. this caused hell to break loose (never manage your repository from Xamarin Studio). A stash was created and it corrupted my android solution.

Android solution would not even pull up because I got a message about starting a file name with "<" which was true as Xamarin studio wrote to my files a bunch of <<+++++++=== symbols. (went in and delete all the lines).

then iOS wouldn't debug on device ( connection would time out) I pulled up source tree and force deleted the stash, then I clean up my build and manually recover my changes. now the debugger links with my iOS device.

A side effect is that now source tree gives out an error when I try to push changes and commits. (this is not hard to fix ...)

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:58 PM
  • User149274 posted

This happened to me too. Sometimes, if you have break points in the code that Xamarin does not understand how to break into. This causes the same error. Try clearing all your break points.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:41 PM
  • User341418 posted

I also had a similar issue and delete all break point and then it work charm.thanks VissuDhyaram for your sharing.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:11 AM