create table aspnet_users missing from timetracker-add.sql RRS feed

• Question

• User1044769832 posted
    Hi everyone,
    I was trying to create the TimeTracker db from the timetracker-add.sql file in the App_Data folder but it seems like it's missing the create table aspnet_users because I getting some errors (eg: Foreign key 'FK_IssueTracker_Projects_aspnet_Users' references invalid table 'dbo.aspnet_Users'). Am I missing something? Or how can I create the TimeTracker database otherwise? I tried creating an empty TimeTracker db in SQL server 2000 and then restore the TimeTracker.mdf file (also in App_Data) but it wasnt a standard microsoft restore file.
    Thank you

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:57 PM

All replies

• User-1273603057 posted
    Your database is lacking the required security files.   If you run the following utility you will be greated with a wizard to setup the applicable database.

WINDOWS/Microsoft.net/framework/<version>/ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE

Note:  At the "Select the Server and Database" screen when I selected the database dropdown after putting in valid authentication information I received an error - I suspect because I didn't have access to the required tables on the ISP's SQL Server - so it couldn't generate the list to select from.  HOWEVER, I was able to type in the database name and it worked great :)

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:36 AM
  • User1044769832 posted
    Hi again,
    I run WINDOWS/Microsoft.net/framework/<version>/ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE successfully on the empty TimeTracker db I created in SQL server 2000 but then what should I do Embarrassed [:$]?
    Thank you again for your time.
    Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:06 PM
  • User-1273603057 posted
    [aure303] Thank you again for your time.

Your welcome - not a problem.

Run the timetracker-add.sql  (again) if you already hadn't done so - this generated a lot of errors but I trust it also got to finish the constraints between it's tables and the security tables.

Go to the Page_Load() of the following files and try/catch{} around the databind() statements - this will prevent your empty timetracker tables from crashing the application.

\TimeTracker\Report_Project.aspx.cs
    \TimeTracker\TimeEntry.aspx.cs

I experienced an error deleting so you'll want to do the same for the ListAllProjects_RowDeleting() method in the following file:
    \TimeTracker\Project_List.aspx.cs

Ensure your Web.config connection string points to the new tables.

Once I did those changes I was up and running!

Friday, November 25, 2005 6:59 AM